St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School seeks to promote a reverent, respectful, responsible community of believers who are empowered to know, learn, and understand God's love through academic excellence, spiritual development, and service to others.
Philosophy of Education
St. Thomas Aquinas School believes in providing a Christian educational environment designed to foster positive development in the total child. The education of the total child encompasses a special responsibility to encourage each student to achieve his/her maximum potential on an intellectual, personal, physical and spiritual level.
The school is an integral part of the parish community serving to prepare its students to be future civic and church leaders dedicated to the ideals of peace and justice. St. Thomas Aquinas strives be an educational setting characterized by excellence in lifelong learning.
To help fulfill the philosophy and mission statement of St. Thomas Aquinas School,
we strive to obtain these objectives:
- To maintain programs fostering spiritual, intellectual, and physical development that accepts each person as a unique individual.
- To foster in the students a desire to learn
so that it may become a life-long activity.
- To develop educational programs that will enrich family life
and strengthen the home-school relationship.
- To maintain an effective flow of communication between
the school and the families it serves, respecting parents' rights
to be informed, to understand and to share in decisions
that affect the education of their children.
- To teach and practice positive social interaction
through various school, parish and community functions.
- To encourage physical fitness and physical coordination
while promoting positive sportsmanship.